LOW CARB SNICKERS SHAKE
I think we have all seen the Snickers ad with the infamous tagline – “You’re not yourself when you are hungry”. Well, this smoothie recipe will definitely fill the deepest of pits of stomachs without the nasties and added sugar.
- 1 tsp sugar-free chocolate sauce or melted dark chocolate
- 1/2 cup ice cubes
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1 tsp cacao
- 1 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 3/4 cup milk of choice (I love almond milk)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp crushed peanuts
- 1 tbsp sugar-free chocolate chips
- Blend together all the ingredients until smooth aide from the chocolate sauce.
- In a glass, drizzle the chocolate around the side using a teaspoon and tilting the glass whilst rotating it to get drizzle all the way around.
- Pour the shake into the glass, and top with chocolate chips and crushed peanuts.
- Enjoy immediately.
Tip: if you want that caramel flavour, add 1 Medjool date or a 1 tsp mesquite powder for a sugar-free substitute.