I think we have all seen the Snickers ad with the infamous tagline – “You’re not yourself when you are hungry”. Well, this smoothie recipe will definitely fill the deepest of pits of stomachs without the nasties and added sugar.
Who LOVES carrot cake? Admittedly, I’m ALL ‘bout that frosting, but still. This smoothie bowl is equally as yum and who says that coyo can’t be frosting?
Do you want a diet that promises energy, clarity, mental focus? Welcome to the Ketogenic diet (Keto, if you’re Gen Y). The Keto approach has been gaining great momentum over the last 6 months, with people reporting reduced cravings, less snacking, and weight loss. What started out as a diet to help control seizures in epileptic patients, is now taking the world by storm.
Arguably the must-have wellness ingredient of 2019, the talk around CBD is only going to gain momentum. If trends in Canada and America are anything to go by, it will soon be in your beauty products, your coffee and even in your lube.
I interview Georgia Branch, co-founder of CBD and hemp brand Hemple, to get the low-down.
I went to Washington DC to run a marathon…
But sadly, my knee had other plans.
Sunday marked my first DNF (did not finish) of my running career. Even though I have only been running for three years, I still call it a career. Trust me, I am not finished; far from it actually. This is only the beginning.
It was probably one of the hardest decisions I have made in quite a long time. In the back of my mind, I knew that I could probably finish the race, but I kept weighing the risks.Read More
I would be lying if I said that I have never had a rocky relationship with “healthy eating”.
In the past, I’ve tried:
- “Diet Foods”: Splenda, egg whites, sugar free everything, and so much more. I think you know what I am talking about. This “healthy eating” experience was absolutely terrible. I was tired, cranky, and just run down.
- “Low fat”: This was terrible as well. Not only was this eating plan completely devoid of heart healthy nutrients, it also tasted like my butt.
- Low carb, no meat, ect… I think I have tried everything, but I never felt my best.
If you want to know more about my journey through “healthy eating”, let me know and I will do a post on it.
To me, the term “healthy eating” is not a diet, it is a lifestyle choice. I choose to eat “healthy” everyday because it makes me feel my best. It’s that simple.
My philosophy on food and “healthy eating” is about enjoying everything in a balanced manner.Read More
Am I right or am I right?
Apparently people find my blog by searching for “sexy runners”.
Google doesn’t lie right?
Yes, no, maybe?
My best friend said he loves this picture
I REALLY hope someone Google’s “sexy runner” and my picture comes up. That would be awesome!
While I may not be running as much right now as I would like to be, I still consider myself a runner.
My knee is getting better, but it still isn’t perfect. I actually like to think that is good newsRead More
After writing about my food philosophy a few weeks ago, I have a feeling that most of you guys think that I am completely nuts. After this post, you are probably going to think I am even more nuts, but if I cared, I would not be writing this post
I eat the way I do because I like the way it makes me feel both physically and mentally. After eating a meal with whole grains, vegetables, and grass fed meat, wild seafood, or organic poultry, I feel so much better than if I had eaten a greasy burger at McDonalds.Read More
You trip over multiple pairs of shoes trying to get into your apartment. I then fall on my face and see this:
And I wear every single pair!
- A pair of () for walking.
- A pair of () for running.
- A pair of shoes for running.
- A pair of shoes for cross training.
- My racing flats for speed work, which don’t get much use because I am afraid to try running fast again.
- MY NEW Brooks ! I haven’t worn them yet, but I want to try a new pair of shoes. I’ve been running in the for two years, but the guy working at the running store suggested that my Adrenalines could be causing my knee pain (apparently he has seen this before). I’ll give it a shot!
I think I mentioned this before, but one of the reasons that I purchased my bike was because I want to start using it ride to class and work.
I will look like that tomorrow when I am riding to work
I am looking at it this way…Read More