What is growth hormone used for in bodybuilding?
Somatotropin (like ansomone for example) is currently extremely popular among professional and novice athletes. However, information about side effects and a certain risk of using such a drug began to appear – but the publications are rather contradictory. Some experts suggest that this hormone is one of the most effective factors in prolonging human life, others believe that it is dangerous for the human body. In this article we will try to understand this controversial issue.
Growth hormone (scientifically somatotropin) is a special protein that includes 191 amino acids. The processes of synthesis and secretion of this hormone occur inside the endocrine gland. Of all the pituitary hormones present, somatotropin is produced at the maximum dosage, and the process of its synthesis is continuous throughout life (but for 20 years, the synthesis of this hormone begins to decrease by 15% every 10 years). While the maximum level of somatotropin is observed in early childhood, and peak secretion occurs in adolescence.
Carrying out the impact on the work of the internal glands, the hormone somatotropin significantly accelerates the synthesis of growth factors and muscle fibers, and also regulates the metabolism of bone cells. Growth hormone inhibits the activity of certain enzymes that destroy natural amino acids, supports the synthesis of collagen fibers in bones, skin and other organ systems. It provokes an increase in the volume and number of thyroid cells, liver and muscle tissue. This hormone increases the intensity of lipid digestion, which causes the concentration of beneficial fatty acids in the blood to increase the effects of insulin on glucose transport.
Effect in practice
Growth hormone stops the destructive processes inside the body, and also stimulates cell regeneration. Some scientists say that under the influence of somatotropin it becomes possible to rejuvenate the body for 10-20 years:
• strengthening the bone system;
• conversion of subcutaneous fat into muscle;
• strengthening the body’s immune capabilities;
• increased mental alertness;
• reducing cholesterol in the blood;
• increased sexual activity.
Anabolic effect and features of interaction with other substances
For enhanced muscle growth, your calving will require intensive stimulation, somatotropin alone will not work here. An integrated approach to therapy is needed, which includes other substances that can increase the effects of this hormone, as well as guarantee complete safety for your health. An approximate scheme of drugs is as follows: growth hormone – steroid supplements – the hormone insulin – a complex of thyroid hormones. Next, you should disassemble the drugs separately:
- Steroids are characterized by a fairly powerful anabolic effect and significantly increase the hypertrophy of muscle fibers, for this reason their presence in the complex is so important. Steroids also stimulate general cell hyperplasia, which provides faster and more noticeable results in practice.
- Insulin is another essential ingredient in this combination, especially with high dosages of somatotropin. Insulin eases the load that the pancreas is subjected to (under the influence of growth hormone it increases the pace of work so that it depletes its own reserves rather quickly) and also improves the growth of muscle cells.
- Thyroid hormones accelerate metabolic processes and stimulate the growth of muscle tissue. Their influence weakens the effect of somatotropin on the functioning mechanisms of the gland. It is important to remember that the use of growth hormone in large doses can lead to changes in the functioning of the thyroid gland (provokes the development of hypothyroidism).