Breakfast Quesadillas

by Matt on November 7, 2010

I love tortillas. I love eggs. I love bacon. And last but not least, I love cheese.

It only seems natural to combine them right?

Wednesday night, I declared that I needed some comfort food.

That morning, I decided that it would be smart to ride my bike to campus when it was cold and there was a 70% chance of rain. Oh I forgot, I couldn’t drive my car because it has a flat tire.

Did I mention that it was cold out?

It was the most miserable 20 minutes of my entire life. The wind was almost blowing me over while the rain was chilling my bones.

The words “My life sucks” came out of my mouth about 10 times over the course of 20 minutes. It was not a fun ride.

When I arrived home, I took a 20 minute piping hot shower and instantly put on my PJ’s.

Then it was dinner time :)

Is it me or is “breakfast for dinner” one of the most amazing things in the world?

When I am at a loss for what to make, breakfast foods always win. They are so quick, versatile, and there are endless possibilities.

Pancakes are a dinner staple in this house apartment ;)

Since i had pancakes for breakfast, eggs were on my mind. Breakfast quesadillas to be exact…

Breakfast Quesadillas

Ingredients

• 2 eggs
  • Pinch of salt and pepper
  • Pinch of cayenne
  • 2 8-inch tortillas
  • 2 slices of bacon, fried and crumbled
  • 1/4 cheese, shredded (I used white cheddar)

Directions

1. In a small bowl, beat the eggs with the salt, pepper, and and cayenne.
  2. In a small non-stick pan, scramble the eggs over low heat until just coming together (they should still be runny).
  3. Heat a large cast-iron pan over medium heat. Place a tortilla on the pan, then layer with eggs, bacon, cheese, and the remaining tortilla.
  4. Cook until golden brown on both sides.
  5. Serve with salsa, guacamole, ect…

Even though this dinner was so simple, it was definetly the tastiest meal I have had so far this week.

Breakfast foods just can’t be beat.

That my friends is a fact.

November 7, 2010 at 8:05 AM

I make eggs for dinner much more than I care to admit. There is something comforting about soft eggs after a long day.

November 7, 2010 at 9:26 AM

Ahh, cheese and bacon yet again. :-P That meal looks delectable. Just need the bacon in the apartment and I’ll be good to go. Might try it with cilantro? That seems to be my spice of choice lately.

November 7, 2010 at 10:31 AM

I love breakfast foods too. There are days when I have “breakfast” for breakfast, lunch, and dinner! :)

November 7, 2010 at 10:41 AM

I love cheese. That does sound like it sucks! I bet getting a tire fixed is super annoying!
Sana recently posted..My ComLuv Profile

November 7, 2010 at 10:48 AM

Breakfast for dinner RULES. You are a voice of reason.

Also — egg and cheese quesadillas are amazing. I have corn tortillas and have been too lazy lately to scramble the eggs and THEN heat them in the tortillas. Thanks for reminding me how worth it an egg quesa is — I will make some tonight!

November 7, 2010 at 11:34 AM

breakfast for dinner really does trump all
Karyn recently posted..My ComLuv Profile

November 7, 2010 at 1:20 PM

I am the exact same way when it comes to breakfast for dinner. It’s always what I make when I have no inspiration and/or time to make something else for dinner. Not to mention, breakfast foods are always delicious! It’s a win-win situation.
Lindsay @ Summit Sandwiches recently posted..My ComLuv Profile

November 7, 2010 at 6:20 PM

ahhh, sorry about your car! hope you can get the flat fixed soon…i had a breakfast quesadilla for breakfast this morning. :)
emily recently posted..My ComLuv Profile

November 8, 2010 at 1:01 AM

You said it man! Pancakes are always amazing as are eggs. Together- even better…like when some of the warm syrup seeps on to the eggs…

November 8, 2010 at 7:35 AM

Breakfast for dinner is DIVINE. I would have never thought to make this – LOVE the idea!

November 8, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Once I buy the ingredients, I know what I’ll be making every morning for breakfast! This is just perfection.
Shelby recently posted..My ComLuv Profile

November 9, 2010 at 9:14 PM

I LOVE breakfast for dinner! It’s one of my favorite meals. And it is my favorite “out to eat” meal. All the yummy smells of coffee and bacon!
Liz recently posted..My ComLuv Profile